Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Just in time

If you've taken any management related course you would know what JIT means. But for me it means something else. Last weekend I was contemplating some options. I had a message from student services concerning my enrollment. They wanted me to drop two units since my oasis showed that i had a Fantastic for Introduction to Programming Environments AKA c programming. The same one i took supp for in december and up until now the result was not out, or atleast not updated in my oasis. So the deal was to wait until today to see if it comes out or not. If its out and I passed then i won't have to drop the units if not then i'll be taking only two units this sem.

I didnt want to delay my exit from this school and extend the time i intend staying here to another sem or year. Curtin can be quite funny with the units they offer per sem so its better to get it over with. Part of me wanted to do just two units so i'm not so stressed, the other part was thinking of how i'll get scolded by the big guy.

So today i went to know my fate. I met the pregnant lady at counter 4 who hasn't yet given me my mail. She wasn't there on friday when the deal was made so she was a bit blur but the other co-stars in the friday drama told me i, wait for it... i passed my supp so i dont have to drop any units. It was that simple. I was confused for a nano second but she said it again, you passed your supp so you don't have to drop the two units, but it has not been updated on your oasis.

Given the situation i felt like saying apa la this curtin, wait until last minute to release my result, i know i did well. But I was humbled and with a simple thank you i walked out of G1.

Now i feel responsible for the units i'm taking now to do the best i can so that i don't get into this situation again. Which means {by God's grace} limited time online. Like i said, sacrifices.

Thank God

~shalom~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment