Keeping with the linux theme of the previous post, I just got my mic to work on linux after trying different solutions and almost giving up, but persistence prevailed.
One of the issues i knew i would have when i decided to switch to ubuntu linux is the issue of sound and video compatibility problems. I had no problem with my sound output and i've not tried video output but thats probably another post but audio-in have proved to be a challenge.
I went full circle, from not knowing the manufacturer of my audio driver, to checking through forum posts to downloading and installing tarballs that didn't really fix the problem. Benq does not have support for linux drivers and intel is no good either so to make a long tiring story short, i found this site that offered a simple effective solution to my audio capture woes and in so doing deepened my understanding of my new os.
What started the frantic search for a fix to my audio capture problems was the announcement of skype 2.0 for linux with video support. And in good time too, i can video chat this weekend. Yay! I only wish yahoo messenger was better supported on linux then there would be one less reason to switch back to windows.
Can't wait to try it out, let you know how things turns out.
~shalom~
No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment