Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

when God ran

Yesterday there was this show on the Australia network by Richard Dawkins. He's the one earlier this month behind a campaign in the UK that put up banners on buses that read "there's probably no God so stop worrying and enjoy your life". Needless to say he's an atheist. 

Well on this show he was coming against superstitious beliefs and called them amongst other things utter rubbish. As a scientist he believes in the big bang theory and as a professor in biology he of course believes in the evolution of man from very primitive to the homo sapiens we are now. As far as he is concerned whatever you cannot test and verify scientifically is nonsense. 

I liked that program, because it helped me compare. Although I also don't believe in superstition, I can imagine how a man like that could right off everything that does not make scientific sense. I can imagine that at some point in his life he has as most of us have asked the question who am I? Where did I come from, and where am I going and have found the answers that science provided enough to satisfy his curiosity. But I bet he does not know how it is that God can take someone that science and sometimes the world have condemned and rejected as nothing and bring him to prominence, like Joseph or how someone as cowardly as Gideon could lead the Israelites to victory. Or how it feels to wake up one day and realize that all your sins are no more, gone like they never happened. 

This morning I woke up to this song and I've been listening to it all day thanks to Stanley and Yan Hui :)  



~shalom~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment