Sometimes when i think about my life and how it would have turned out if i never found Jesus I suddenly have alot to be thankful for. I think sometimes we take that we are secure in him for granted. Being a christian is not just following a cool guy who stunned the world when he was on earth and being weak, turning the other cheek, being called a freak or looked down on, being unpopular and i heard someone say outdated. Its more than that.
Today just going to church i feel refreshed. Yesterday just joining the El shaddai Youth Ministry of Sib Canada hill, i feel refreshed. Its been i while since i jumped in service :P missed that.
Where am I going with this? Well we feel hurt sometimes, we make mistakes, we hurt others and make choice that may alter who we are, our futures, our lives and the direction it takes. We lose people and friends especially those that have been at some times very close and you wonder why, is it really worth it? How do I carry on, "where would i be without you..." hehe.
One thing that will never change through all the hardships and trials and temptations, self-inflicted or divinely arranged is the love of God. Today i was reminded of Hebrews 12:5 I almost cried, actually i cried in my heart la. As long as you have the mindset that trials and temptations are there to equip you and give you an opportunity to grow you can take courage and face them. We are not called to run away and surrender to pressure but to press on despite the pressure. Knowing that the Lord will not try you beyond your capacity to endure but we already have victory and he's always good.
GOD IS PURE GOOD FOREVER.
A quote that has stayed with me for a while now is this the root of all sin is in the suspicion that God is not good. I find it to be true. So hang in there, this is for me too.
~shalom~
No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment