Pages

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Testimonies for the month: July '07

Testimonies for the month is my way to look back on the month and thank God for all his faithfulness in my life. I got the idea last Sunday from the Pastor at Calvary and decided it was a good way to stay thankful for everything thats been happening.

I'll just state them as they come, its not in chronological order or anything so here we go.

I will like to thank God for my acceptance offer at Curtin. I applied to the University of Nottingham and they rejected my application. I want to thank God especially for allowing me do something i've always wanted to do and to do it in a place where I get the chance to be pushed and develop skills for life.

I want to thank God also for my parents for their understanding in allowing me pursue this course. And also of course for their financial support for me al these while.

I want to also thank God for the successful burial of my Grandfather last weekend. For the strength and resources He gave to my mother to plan, organise and implement everything especially as my father was away for a job.

I want to thank God that despite everything that has been said and done that His word is still true and He has shown himself faithful in the eyes of those who do no put their trust in him. I still believe that one day the hearts that have been hostile to him will bow in surrender to Him.

I also like to thank God for his grace and his help with the renewal of my passport. For me its not just a trivial thing. Even for the help of friends, brothers and sisters when i needed their support. I thank God especially for the family of believers i have been a part of. It doesn't matter where I go he's prepared people who love him to stand alongside me and help me along my way. In a related matter, i want to thank God for his help getting a place to stay in KL and for his provision in terms of transportation and his protection while i was there. Usually my mindset is that i'll get mogged or something but it didn't happen. Praise God.

I thank God for the opportunity to serve in curtin with the Varsity Christian Fellowship (VCF). I really need fellowship in this school where things are very liberal. Thank God for Kimberly, Joanna and her mom for housing me for the night when i arrived here. Taking me in in such warmth and love. May God bless them indeed. Also for Gia and Rachel and Diane for their help :) Thank God for people like Samson who's also from Kuching, like me. :P And Dominic who's from PJ and Edward who works in Shell for picking us up for church last sunday. Last Sunday i went to Calvary and the service was quite good. Although it wouldn't hurt to see more young people involved in the church.

Thank God for the character defining time i'm going through now. All i want to do is submit and allow him to work in me to will and to do his good pleasure. And make me who he wants me to be.

I thank God for my courses, even though they are challenging, I thank God that I can do all things through his Son who gives me strength.

Finally I thank God for you all for your love for God and if there's one thing i've learnt in my life thats been helping me out even now, is this: DON"T EVER GIVE UP! Keep pushing on the pressure thats pushing you.

God bless you

~shalom~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment