Pages

Monday, August 13, 2007

test-imony

I have an interesting week ahead. This weekend pastor chris long will be in Miri at the indoor stadium for a weekend event called Amplified 2007. Since i'm part of VCF and the president of VCF is part of EYM of SIB Canada Hill; joanna's church we're part of the Ushers. But unfortunately I can only go for one day because I'll be leaving for Kuching and eventually for Muar for the youth conference.

Leaving on Saturday for the week long event means i'll miss one whole week of lectures. This is something i forsaw but my justification was this: if i don't start with God here then what am I here for? It seemed so easy to say but right now i'm getting to realise the full meaning of those words.

I'll be missing class, a no-no for Curtin. Things happen very fast here and you cannot be caught slacking. I'll also be missing the Amplified concert but i'm not too worried about that one.

I'm not sure who said this but i remember someone said all faith will be tested and i feel this is mine, but i've prayed about it and i feel its the right thing to do.

The past few weeks God has been challenging me to do something out of the ordinary, something that i will look back on and think, thats just not me. I'm reminded of some of the decisions I made in the beginning of this year, one of them is to take chances and be daring and somehow i've forgotten about it but i feel i'm being reminded of this each time i go to church or read some of the books i have.

I've also been made to see some aspects of my life and attitude I need to change and work on. Yesterday the pastor said alot of things that encouraged me but the one that stood out atleast for me is that we must be willing to let God's word change our lives. He must have full access to the darkest grimmest parts of our lives we're not proud of but thats there regardless. And thats something i've not been actively doing.

Finally i bought a book. For me this is a miracle because i remember the time when my mom would force me to read books. Now I don't need her to tell me anymore. I buy books I'm not sure i'll read anytime soon and its ok because i read in a book this statement: "buy books even though you dont read them" and in fact i saw that same book in the bookstore where i bought this book. Aaaaaaaanyway, I want to leave with this thought, and its not just a thought its the truth. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. He's actively fighting on our behalf even when we dont notice. And sometimes we go through storms and hard times but its encouraging to know that we're not alone. He's the good sheperd and we're not alone in the storms.

There's no testimony without a test.

~shalom~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment