Reminder: Be still and know that I am God
Lord, grant me a quiet heart
Before the examinations start;
Teach me to use my leisure hours,
To invigorate my powers.
My mind from daydreams liberate,
Give me the will to concentrate;
From all distractions set me free,
That in my studies I may be.
A student with a sole intent
To make my work a sacrament;
From my faint heart in love expel
All fears of failure that therein dwell.
And from my pillow drive away,
All dark forebodings of the day;
Help me in faith to rest so deep
That I may have untroubled sleep.
While notes and subjects I prepare,
May I not lose my zest for prayers;
And may I not forget to look
For daily guidance in thy Book
In quietness, confidence and peace,
May I have quick and sure release;
From needless fears and apprehension
From outward strain and inward tension.
And may I ever grateful be
To all who offer prayers for me
While for myself I intercede
For others too, I plead.
So my examinations find
Each one alert in heart and mind
Thus inward joy and peace possessing,
May examinations provide a source of blessing!
Before the examinations start;
Teach me to use my leisure hours,
To invigorate my powers.
My mind from daydreams liberate,
Give me the will to concentrate;
From all distractions set me free,
That in my studies I may be.
A student with a sole intent
To make my work a sacrament;
From my faint heart in love expel
All fears of failure that therein dwell.
And from my pillow drive away,
All dark forebodings of the day;
Help me in faith to rest so deep
That I may have untroubled sleep.
While notes and subjects I prepare,
May I not lose my zest for prayers;
And may I not forget to look
For daily guidance in thy Book
In quietness, confidence and peace,
May I have quick and sure release;
From needless fears and apprehension
From outward strain and inward tension.
And may I ever grateful be
To all who offer prayers for me
While for myself I intercede
For others too, I plead.
So my examinations find
Each one alert in heart and mind
Thus inward joy and peace possessing,
May examinations provide a source of blessing!
I believe its from God, because it really describes what i'm going through, its truly the prayer of my heart and my prayer too for everyone having exams or facing the pressures of school. Be still and know that He is God.
~shalom~
thanks oguchi. =)
ReplyDeletei'm so glad that i'm coming towards the end of the semester. . .
Take care.