Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

praise+worship night

I don't watch a lot of veggie tales but the bit i've watched was really nice. There was this one they were talking about how lies starts small and harmless and then grows and grows because usually to cover the lie you have told you tell another one, and the more you do that you get better at it and so it gets so big that it gets out of control.

While i'm not going to talk about lies i'll like to share this song 'my day'. I like it a lot because its sung in the perspective of a child, going through his day and reflecting on the goodness of God all through his day.

I remember it today because there's a line that goes '...Sometimes I'm off key when I sing' I searched for the video on youtube but couldn't find it, anyway coming from the praise and worship night some people were clearly singing off key but they didn't mind, it was their own way to express the way they feel. Their way to worship and it doesn't matter how it sounds because God would still leave the angels in heaven with their perfect symphony to listen to us sing off key :) thats just the way He is I guess.

I really like the service, its true that our lives should be full of praises for the one we call our Lord for all He has done for us. For all He continues to do. Sometimes we look at the task at hand and they seem so big but God is bigger. I was reminded to delight in the Lord again, and worship. I felt like someone was telling me you dont worship like you used to and yeah.

My Day

In my bed I start to pray
And tell God all about my day
I woke up in my little bed
And put my hat upon my head

Cleaned my room
And cleared my dishes
Told mom breakfast was delicious

I went to school, learned something new
And tried to follow every rule
I studied my vocabulary
Had some fun with Bob and Larry

And so it's good to know (And so it's really good to know) 2nd time of chorus!
How much you love me…it's true
The bible says you do
You really love me
Your love was with me all throughout my day

I some how over looked my bed
Seems my dog is underfed
Forgot to change my underclothes
Watched one to many T.V. shows

I had some trouble sharing toys
And during rest time, made some noise
Walls are not for coloring
Sometimes I'm off key when I sing

And so it's good to know
How much you love me…it's true
The bible says you do
You really love me
Your love was with me all throughout my day

In my bed so quietly
I rest in knowing God Loves Me!

~shalom~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment