Just how do you lose a book? Now how do you lose a book you need for exams? I'm not sure why i lost the book. I'm not sure on which day i lost it but thinking it through it must have been on Saturday. I took the 3.30 bus back home and forgot it in the bus. I didn't notice it was gone until Monday. I just can't seem to study on Sundays because after church we all go makan only to get back by 2 or 3 something. By then you feel so sleepy already then later call friends go for dinner and Sunday is gone.
Monday was spent thinking of where i could have left the darn thing, so i asked the stores where i went to and they didn't have it but it was not to be found there.
Tuesday was spent thinking of the consequences of losing the library's book. I would have to shell out hundreds of ringgit to replace the book so i didnt tell them it was lost, instead i asked them to renew all the books in my possession to the same day. Now i dont have to worry about paying the late fees if i dont find the book on time. I also did what i was suppose to do earlier on, ask the bus driver if he came across the book which i did and turns out he did so i was semi happy. He gave the book to the security on duty but he was not on duty on tuesday, and no one knew where he kept it so i could not get the book. However they asked me to fill the lost and found form. I filled it with all the details and was asked to wait till the next day, hence my semi happiness.
Wednesday was spent being cool, not worrying too much and giving them time to get things in order. I just reminded the lady that made me fill the l&f form and she said to come back after 2, then the officer i need to see will be on duty, so i was calm and after 2 i got a call from her and she was there with the officer. He was smiling and said i need to give him tapao, i just smiled, and he said you know what tapao is right and i said yes but i was not really going to give him anything. Just said thank you uncle, and smiled a lot. He had the smell of ciggs on him and as he smiled it revealed a black cigg stain on his teeth close to the gum. I was disgusted but grateful.
Then he went on, if i dont keep, how much you have to pay? I said this not in scolding tone but in a you need to be grateful boy, tone. I kept the smile and say thank you uncle routine going until he gave me the book. I only needed to sign off on the l&f form and the book was mine until the end of exams that is.
I really thank God found it, and dont have to pay for it.
~shalom~
No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment