Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2007

bario

Where is Bario? Not sure, I only know they're famous for their rice, and its a highland area. Tried to search online but there is not much on the place. I only found a blog talking about it and the information doesn't seem to be updated. Well atleast they have an airport.

There's an opportunity for me and a few others to visit Bario, basically to transport musical equipment there, help the church there set up and teach them how to use it. I'm not teaching la, don't know so cannot teach. I've not decided if i would be joining them. The time is right since its right when we have the Raya holidays and its just for a few days only. But it would be nice to go and experience Bario rice.

Currently its an effort from my church, the other kids had to raise money by way of selling cookies and stuff. I also need some money lo so i've be asking my mom for permission to go. My dad is not in town at the moment. {Working so hard} Already got permission from pastor to go so by God's grace everything will go smoothly. Of course there will be lotsa pictures.

Where is Bario? Not sure, I only know they're famous for their rice, and its a highland area. Tried to search online but there is not much on the place. I only found a blog talking about it and the information doesn't seem to be updated. Well atleast they have an airport. There's an opportunity for me and a few others to visit Bario, basically to transport musical equipment there, help the church there set up and teach them how to use it. I'm not teaching la, don't know so cannot teach. I've not decided if i would be joining them. The time is right since its right when we have the Raya holidays and its just for a few days only. But it would be nice to go and experience Bario rice. Currently its an effort from my church, the other kids had to raise money by way of selling cookies and stuff. I also need some money lo so i've be asking my mom for permission to go. My dad is not in town at the moment. {Working so hard} Already got permission from pastor to go so by God's grace everything will go smoothly. Of course there will be lotsa pictures.

{update}
Thanks to jasmine for providing some information about Bario. (editted)

Bario is a highland where revival broke out in the 70s, and it has been a land richly blessed by God ever since. The weather there is cool and water for bathing is cooolllddd. It's about a 40 mins plane ride from Miri.

Population is small, about 2000. The churches are all up on the hilltops. When my dad was there they received VIP treatment. They had a group waiting for them at the airport, served them with bario delicious pineapple juice (mmmmm...).

Life there is very simply. They hunt for wild boars and make delicious food out of the wild plants in the jungle. Apart from the rice and pineapples, there is also a salt spring where you find salt. It's a miracle as well, you dont find salt by the spring. The salt is of highest quality, selling at RM15 per kg or per packet I think.Despite the small land, it's truly blessed by God. The Kelabits have produced very intelectual professionals. Their intercessors are very prophetic but they pray in Kelabit.

Thanks Jasmine.

~shalom~

1 comment:

  1. Bario is a highland where revival broke out in the 70s, and it has been a land richly blessed by God ever since. The weather there is cool and water for bathing is cooolllddd. It's about a 40 mins plane ride from Miri. Population is small, about 2000.

    I've never been there before, but my dad was there last year. I'll love to go too but I dread the long mountain hikes. FYI, the churches are all up on the hilltops.

    When my dad was there they received VIP treatment. They had a group waiting for them at the airport, served them with bario delicious pineapple juice (mmmmm...) but I heard that was the last they ever did that. Life there is very simply. They hunt for wild boars and make delicious food out of the wild plants in the jungle. Apart from the rice and pineapples, there is also a salt spring where you find salt. It's a miracle as well, you dont find salt by the spring. The salt is of highest quality, selling at RM15 per kg or per packet I think.

    Despite the small land, it's truly blessed by God. The Kelabits have produced very intelectual professionals. Their intercessors are very prophetic but they pray in Kelabit.

    Are you going to put up with the locals there, or staying at the lodging houses?

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment