Pages

Wednesday, October 01, 2025

Too much information

 At some point we lived in the information age. Right now I'm not sure what age we live in but what's sure is that we are drowning in information. Too much information.

For everything there are experts hailing it and other experts saying the opposite.

Then there are 'influencers' who amass large followings sharing their ideologies and let's face it profiteering from them.

How many people did Sir Isaac Newton listen to or read from? How many people would you say influenced him. I don't know but I can bet you it's not up to 10. Yet he achieved great things our generation can't even touch.

In a world of noise, we need to actively protect our mind, reduce the sources that have the power to influence us. Go deeper on small topics, values and vocations instead of having thin surface knowledge on all the things.