Pages

Monday, September 15, 2025

Life update - September 15 2025

I should write more.

Life is busy. 
If you don't schedule something, remember to do it, actually do it, it never gets done.
The older I get the more I feel like I'm being pulled in all these directions.
Being multi-skilled and curious to try new things, and having a hard time saying no just exasperates the situation leading to the need to observe long periods of down time.
Life is busy.

More than just being busy, more and more I'm thinking about relevance, legacy, meaning.

What's the meaning of all this?
What do we get for all our toil on this celestial ball?
What's it all for?
I can't get excited anymore about a new phone, or car, or house, or [insert cool thing to be excited for here]. It just doesn't hold my heart or affection anymore. 
I long for me, for depth, for meaning.
I want meaning.

Wisdom is connected to time.
I was reading a book and these words just stuck with me; wisdom is connected to time.
It was Sit Stand Walk by Watchman Nee and he was talking about first fruits and other fruits.
They're all fruit but the first fruits are priced more because they come out first.
Those who bear first fruits are those who after they had heard the implanted word, immediately acted on it. They didn't wait, they didn't ponder, they just acted straightaway. Their prompt action is called wisdom. Those who did not act immediately are fools.

I've been thinking about all the books I've read, courses I've taken, opportunities I've had that just ended in me gathering more and more knowledge. Where's the action?
Take action Guchi. 
Take action quickly.
Early action is wisdom.

-ONWARD!