The N82 has a 5 Megapixel camera with Xenon flash, it takes great photos and I've been more than satisfied with it until I discovered whatsapp, the messaging app that wants to run all the time on Symbian devices. My battery usage took a hit once I started using this app so I recently got a new battery for the N82 to help me get through the day. The sound quality is also above average especially with nice headphones. I've told myself I don't need a smartphone, my phone is smart enough but alas I have succumbed to my fleshly desires.
These days having a smartphone has become a necessity, it makes life so much easier especially now that most of the airlines prefer their customers to use their respective apps to check-in and stuff, not that I'm a frequent flier but the time has come to bit the bullet.
I chose Android, after looking at Windows Phone. I'm a big fan of the OS and I think it has potential to be great but it's not ready for prime time and as a Symbian user for so many years, there are things that I have gotten used to and have come to expect from my device that Windows Phone has not offered yet. I'm optimistic that they will get there someday. I didn't an iPhone because you its expensive, and to play in Apple's ecosystem, you have to be willing to spend more than the average amount for everything. Maybe someday when I'm earning enough money it will make sense but not right now. I never liked Blackberrys so I didn't even consider it.
Android is also the cheapest option available to me. My N82 cost me MYR 1200 which is a little under USD 400. I didn't want to spend that kind of money on a phone again. I bought a Sony Xperia Sola today for MYR
I don't have much to say about the phone, there are reviews on youtube so I'll leave you with some pictures.
I got the white one. Its also available in Red and Black
Power button on the top left side
volume rocker and camera button on the right side
three capacitive touch buttons on the bottom
Micro usb put on the top right side
the sola next to my old sony ericsson w810i
-ONWARD!