Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

its not turkey day

In the spirit of thanksgiving, even though I'm not American, you don't have to be to give thanks. It's not enough to be thankful in general. It's important to know who you are ascribing thanks to.

All things considered I'm very blessed. I was just thinking today while a friend picked me up at the bus stop that I'm surrounded by people who have been such a blessing in my life. People I didn't even know existed a few years ago.

I don't say this to brag but to give thanks to God for good health. Besides flu and headaches I don't get sick. It's amazing. I used to get sick during exam periods but not any more.

I've been blessed by an awesome family that supports me, they're really the best. I've been blessed by my church where I receive encouragement every week to be the best I can be. I've been so blessed and I am so grateful, but is it enough to be grateful? Is more required from me?

One of the reasons I still keep writing here after so many failed attempts to quit is because it's kind of my outlet. I'm not a good Christian, if such a thing exists, but I hope that I can do this small thing to help anyone who wonders around these parts seeking for hope or comfort or encouragement. Is that enough? Absolutely not but it is something I can do.

Teach us dear Lord to be grateful and to give you thanks for all that you do every day in our lives.

-ONWARD!