An interesting thing happens when you don't get what you want. The other day after lifegroup, little Gabriel wanted his mummy to buy milo peng (iced milo) for him because some of the Curtin students bought McD on their way back home. He was whining and making a fuss and his mummy didn't really pay attention to him. She's used to it I guess. It reminded me of the time when I would ask my mummy for things and she would say no and that was it. My mood was sour after that but you had to deal with it. She's like a brick wall when it comes to irrelevant things. When you don't get what you want, you are in an interesting place of helplessness and most times having your request turned down is good for you. Spoilt brat is what we call people who always get what they want and its not a compliment.
In church and lifegroup (lifegroup is what we call cellgroup), we've been going through a lifestyle of worship and one thing that was pointed out, and I'm not alone in this; when we get what we want, and have been asking for we stop praising God/seeking God. Its a bad habit and does not respect the relationship we have. I see this on twitter a lot "Oh I'm sorry. I forgot I only exist to you when you need something". Its true right? The correct attitude is to always have a lifestyle of worship, whether you need something or not or already got what you wanted.
God values your soul more than anything.
I don't know if I've talked about this before but it bear repeating anyway. If being successful will draw you away from God, then God may not give you success. It sounds so unfair right? But what's more valuable? It's not that if you are wealthy or lack few things you get scared that God will take it away. I like to believe that God is good and people like Abraham convince me that it is possible to be wealthy and still have a close relationship with God. Again it does not mean that if you're struggling financially that you attribute your situation to this fact. But its true that God values your soul more than anything and will go to any length to get your heart and your attention. He's passionate like that.
The past few weeks has been great. I really enjoy catching up with my siblings, especially the sisters. Sisters are the best. And I love my brother too. He's special. I feel so blessed.
-ONWARD!