Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

the people effect

For the past few days I've been meaning to write something but nothing comes to mind. Its like when you're trying to remember someone's name and its at the tips of your tongue yet you cannot articulate it. The brain knows it, you can visualize them in your mind but cannot not utter their name. So close, yet so far.

I'm still relying in my celcom broadband dongle for internet, the slow poke folks at streamyx have not come to fix our internet connection yet so my online presence has been suffering. I have over 60 facebook game requests to respond to and I can't do it until I get real internet.

My external monitor has been fixed. They had to change the motherboard, its a good thing its still under warranty. Once you get used to large screens you really can't go back. With no internet I've been watching and re-watching old movies, series and anime and quite frankly its getting old.

My mornings are spent studying until lunch time, when I switch gears and try to catch up on the news or just read articles online and then my evening are pretty much free. I hardly leave the house except for when I run out of food, or on sundays for church.

This evening I decided to watch Lord of the Rings again and paused it for a while to read the wikipedia article on C.S. Lewis, who wrote the three books that have be made into movies. I really admire C.S. Lewis, or Jack as his friends call him. He is a brilliant writer and reading his wikipedia entry I discovered that he was friends with J.R.R. Tolkein who wrote the Chronicles of Narnia, among other books. Tolkein was one of the influences in Jack's life that made him convert from being an atheist to a christian.

Its amazing the effect people can have on each other. Its like having someone's perfume rob off on you leaving a small piece of them behind. My prayer is to be an instrument. Big or small, prime or subsidiary, if only an instrument, that's enough for me.

I came across this verse this evening and it blessed me:
Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.
Roman 4:20,21

I believe.

-ONWARD!