Its April. I was just catching up on desperate housewives, I’m up to episode 18 of season 8 and its getting really interesting. But for some reason after watching, I was just thinking about the VCF camp I’ll be attending and how I came to be a part of VCf and leaving Kuching for Miri and staying longer than I was expecting and I was feeling very sad at the way things have turned out. But many wonderful things have happened all the times I’ve been here. I remember how hard it was for me to leave Kuching, It was like living home again. I was scared I wouldn’t find the kind of family I had in kuching but before I knew it, I was surrounded with people who looked different but had a familiarity to them. I was with family again. I remember all the times we spent together doing all kinds of crazy stuff, breakfast at 4 in the morning at Lutong, weekend drives to town for some real food. Barbecues for no reason other than its been a while since we last had one and all the while studying and having bible study every week. Like I said, crazy.
Sure there’s a lot of sadness, seeing friends leave, stuff like that… but it will be a real shame to focus on just that and leave out the best part. I realize I have to choose how I remember my time here, with fondness or with regret and despite everything, I am grateful for my time here. I cherish every moment, both good and bad because they make me who I am today. Pressure is a part of live, chicks crack a hard shell to come out, diamonds get that way because of the earth’s pressure, plants push through soil to get to the light. Without the hard things, we don’t appreciate the little things. I love all my scars. They tell my story, and it’s a damn good one.
-ONWARD!