Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

make allowances

Its been over a week now since I returned to Miri. I came back to find my guitar sort of broken, my internet disconnected and my external monitor not working. Not a way to start off the week let me tell you. So the first week was spent fixing things but not having my usual setup made me read more. I've already gone through two of Haruki Murakami's books and almost at the end of 'To kill a mocking bird'. And I've been listening to more music and surprised to discover there are really nice songs in my collection. Its great to be back though. I never think I could say this a few years ago but I miss Miri when I'm not here. There's something about this city that has grown on me.

Last week was great, got to go for the VCF bible camp at Lambir. This is my second time in Lambir, the first time I almost drowned but this time I had good sense to stay out of the water. But it was a great experience. You would think that will all the camps I've attended in my lifetime it will be like a 'been there done that' thing but it wasn't. It was different though. There was a time when I was just a participant and went along with what was already planned but now I'm involved in some of the execution. I thank God for Aaron who invited me to go. It was kind of a last minute thing and I was reluctant at first but gave in eventually. VCF is very special to me and even though I felt a bit left out it was still special to be able to lead a small group and share the gospel.

I had an interesting conversation with Pastor Lim of Piasau Baptist Church, he asked me of my plans when I go back home and I told him, and then he asked if I had considered starting a new work and I have not considered it at all because well, I know how hard it is to do something like that and my brief stint at leadership has left its mark on me. Its not for me. At least not for now, maybe in the future things will change but its an interesting point he brings up. There's a natural progression of things and what he said is that if you are faithful with little, more responsibility will be given to you and its something I know but not something I make allowances for, plan for, expect and anticipate. But its worth looking at.

-ONWARD!