Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

choose marriage

I was reading this article on the economist about the decline of marriage in Asia and noticed a trend not just in Asia but around the world.
More education has also contributed to the decline of marriage, because Asian women with the most education have always been the most reluctant to wed—and there are now many more highly educated women.
Why is it not possible for a woman to be successful in her career as well as in her marriage? Why must one have to suffer?

I know there are many people who simply don't believe in marriage because of all the failed ones they see all around but I think that marriage is a beautiful thing. Someone said that getting married is the most unselfish thing you can do.

We are a generation of selfish people. That's the reason why no one work things out anymore. No one digs their foot in the mud anymore. We flight when we should fight. And while momentarily it may seem like the right decision, time unveils our mistakes.

Of course I'm generalising here but look into your life and convince yourself that there is some truth here.

Anyway its just me ranting away. I miss writing. Sometimes I wish I could just talk instead of type. Maybe some day but for now given the choice, choose marriage.

-ONWARD!