I've been reading this book By Searching by Isobel Kuhn and its been very interesting. Its a really old book and narrates some of her proving of God for herself. This was way back in the 1920s so the English is stimulating. I think its a good read whether you believe in God or not. And when I say proving its not the same as testing if God exists but more of a 'i want you to be real to me God' and a 'i want to have my own experiences of you God so please reveal yourself to me'. I think its necessary to have these experiences because times will come when you start to question yourself. Doubt is a terrible thing.
One thing though. I see at the time that it cost her some of the things she likes to get to know God in a more intimate way and I guess thats where the problem lies for a lot of people. Would I give up my games, twitter, facebook time to get to know God more intimately? Is the whole experience worth it? I'm not done with the book but she says it is.
-ONWARD