Pages

Friday, October 08, 2010

Dell inspiron 1420 teardown

My lappie, I call her Delia has been making some funny noises. This is one of the flaws of my particular Dell model, the inspiron 1420 known for its loud fan noise and heating issues that screw up the graphics card. There's also the one pixel line across the top of the screen but that's another story.

So the other day I was studying and could not stand it anymore so I opened up the computer, took out my old toothbrush and gave the fan a good clean. Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem but I took pictures of the insides and thought to share so here you go.

inside delia

screen uncoupled

the motherboard again

kbd uncoupled

ram and disk and cd drive oh my

blue flag

the pieces

And as a bonus, here's how it sounds sometimes



I think its fair to say that my next computer will not be a Dell. I'm done.
-ONWARD