Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2008

walking the familiar

With the story of mary and martha in mind. Martha being the eldest charged with the responsibility to take care of guests and teach the same to her sister so society requires. So was it wrong for her to do what is normal for this guest that they had? Certainly not. But her disqualification was not in her doing but in her choice.

Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial. And there is a time and a season for everything. Sometimes I can get caught up in the busyness of serving and doing things that I lose sight of what is more important; sitting at his feet and just spending that time with him. Really nothing can compare to that time when he's mine and i'm his. Of course this is always true but reinforced in that time.

Someone said once, relationship ends where communication stops. And its true for both relationships with humans and with our heavenly father. And when that communication is lacking, things become stale and boring. There's no more freshness, just mundane.

I feel something inside me yearning, wanting for more but my body and mind does not seem to be cooperating. We were meant to live for so much more... So so much more.

I know you bid me come, but i must confess I've just run in and as fast as i came, run out and not really stayed a while and get to communicate. I'm sorry, I need you more Father. I can't do it on my own.

~shalom~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment