Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2008

in 2008

Wow 2008. Like every year its full of hopes of things we would like to improve. In the beginning of this year I was not sure what to make of it. I was not sure where i would channel my strengths to and where God wants to lead me. It felt strange but I thank God for letting me know a bit of what He requires of me this year.

RELATIONSHIPS
Part of what we do at ICCTS is personal reflections and its nice to be able to do that and really articulate where you're heading, where you are now and how you're going to get there. So one day when I was doing just that I felt God wants me to build the relationships around me. Relationships with people, with my family especially with my dad. I must confess that I can get very preoccupied with my life here that communicating with them suffers. I need to make ever effort to talk to the man.

My relationship with God must be strong if i wish to grow this year. Last year was so-so but I can't afford this year to be just another one of those years where nothing happens.

Blessed to be a Blessing
If you have been to the condensed world missions course or the kairos course you would understand what this means. For me its a good reminder that Abraham's covenant covers me too. That when God promised to bless Abraham and through him all the nations of the earth will be blessed. He also says the same for me who through faith in Jesus are a partaker of the Abrahamic covenant. So for all the blessings I have been receiving all these years, i must always be looking for a way to channel it to bless someone else or some people else and who it is i cannot choose.

2008 is also a time of mindset change. I think in my life, there are a lot of things i hold on to or things i've allowed to hold on to me that are not suppose to be in my life. Some mindsets of how some things should be and all that.

Also I would like this blog to be a place of refuge. I know life is tough and its good to vent but i believe the children of God should not spend their time in mourning. Seasons change and well i'm reminded of the verse that says rejoice in the Lord and again i say rejoice. After all the joy of the Lord is our strength. And worship is not a feeling but a choice. :) So by God's grace there will be more encouraging posts here in the coming days and weeks and I hope months and years.

I would like to wish someone very special to me a happy birthday :D I can't believe you're already 21. Sorry cannot get a cake for you wo :(

~shalom~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment