I was going through a React tutorial on Scrimba and the song, Hosanna by Hillsong was singing in my heart. So I paused and listened to it on YouTube.
It's a beautiful song. There's Darlene Zschech and Brooke Fraser, the lyrics are just wonderful. As I was listening I noticed something. I was enjoying this song differently this time.
This time I was paying attention to the instrument; the bass notes, the drums, lead guitar noticing how they play with such discipline. I'm not a musician myself but it was very interesting and made my enjoyment of the song different and more interesting from other times.
It got me thinking that we all experience the same things differently. Hillsong is a large church and as the camera pans to the cut of the crowd with hands raised, eye closed, almost in a trance state or euphoric worship, I could not help but wonder what everyone was experiencing at that time and in that place. Was it the worship of God or an enjoyment of good music?
Anyways, just a thought. I'll get back to React now.