Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

some christmas thoughts

This time of the year is a very sentimental time for me. Its like the whole year is leading up to these few days of joy and happiness. And the timing is one that forces you to look back and take time to reflect on the year that has been.

I was looking at the few posts I've made this year and a lot has happened in these 52 weeks or so. I'm glad I'm still here, I'm glad that even through everything that has happened I have in some way become stronger in my faith and knowledge of God.  There were a lot of trying times which I don't wish to discuss, the people that know, know but God has been really kind and merciful and patient with me.

Just like the last post, I'm reminded to remember that I'm not alone in my journey that I have a counsellor who is always there and within reach. I'm reminded that my life won't go easy or smooth or anything like that but regardless there will always be a reason to smile in the midst of it all.

This afternoon a few friends were sharing about some of the difficult times they went through and how they view it in hindsight, with thankfulness, giving glory to God for seeing them through really touch my heart. I didn't share anything because well I often try to protect myself. Maybe I should be more vulnerable to closer friends. But I think if we all take a moment to look back there will be atleast one instance where God has been faithful.

My life is no where near where I want it to be and I'm still learning and growing but despite everything I am grateful for where I am right now and confident that I will see the salvation of the Lord. Someday.

Have a blessed Christmas everyone.

-ONWARD!