Camps are great, especially bible camps. I just got back from one with the theme: 'spiritual discipline' focusing on the 9 fruits of the spirit. In most of the lessons, for me at least, it was nothing I've not heard before but things that I have forgotten and its always good to be reminded. I think I've quoted this before but I'll say it again. 'Humans need to be reminded more than they need to be instructed'. Why? Because we forget easily.
When the Israelites where walking through the red sea, God commanded the leader of each tribe to pick to stone from the sea bed and keep it as a remembrance of their salvation from their Egyptian taskmasters.
When we went through 'peace' as a topic, what struck me is that God does not promise to remove troubles from our lives and make us more comfortable but rather promises to be there in our troubles and help us through it. Its just that that's usually not what we want but it helps me to pray right.
For the past few weeks even this morning in my devotions the message have been the same, remember. To tell you the truth, its really scary to put your trust in God. We read of the Israelites being commanded to go the battlefront where they will be facing two different armies from two nations joining forces to take them down. But all they had to do was to bring their guitars and drums and musical instruments to praise God. Thats a scary and foolish thing to do but in hindsight it saved their life. The armies killed themselves and the people of God needed three days to loot the plunder.
So remember, God is good. His promises are sure, not gonna change. Troubles, challenges, awkward uncomfortable moments even seasons won't go away but we are never alone through these things. Remember that God is good.
-ONWARD!