Well Nokia has said the N9 will be the only meego os phone that they will release and that got me angry and a lot of things were said both on this blog and the conversations site. I still love this company and it does not matter whether they get bought over my Microsoft, this here is an undying love.
So I've been thinking again about the N9 and if it matters that Nokia will not be supporting this thing going forward and if it makes any sense to buy this phone, again given the right price and I have to say that I would.
My current phone has not been updated in any way or form for the last 3 years and it still runs great. I don't have any apps that I use regularly, well except foursquare which I am told will stop functioning on the 1st of August because it has not been updated with the newest APIs. I don't play mobile games because I don't like the experience and I don;t want an iPhone because it seems like everyone has one already. Android is great but the ones that I like are too expensive. So does it matter that this is a dead-end product?
The one thing that makes me optimistic is Qt. If Nokia can convince developers to use Qt that there's hope because its a write once and deploy to Symbian, Harmattan, and whatever else comes out of the future disruptions division.
I would get the N9 if its priced right. I don't care.
-ONWARD!