Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

on devotionals

I've been asked what I use and these days I just read the bible. I was using Our Daily Bread and its nice, I've used it for years. Its a great resource to get into the habit but one thing I have a problem with, because I order by mail, the old editions pile up and I have no idea what to do with them. Of course there's the online edition but I have to go to the website everyday. There's also 'my utmost for his highest' another great devotional. I have not used it before but it comes well recommended by friends.

One that I have used besides ODB is spurgeon's morning and evening. Just do a google search. I find it very encouraging. Its in old English which delights me but could be difficult to understand if English is not your first language or old English is not your thing but its really encouraging to hear the words of Charles Spurgeon as you go out and as you come back home.

-ONWARD!