I love to play badminton. Since i discovered the game i've always wanted a chance to play. But you can entertain yourself by just watching me play, i suck at the game. I miss the shuttlecock a lot, i don't hold the racket properly and i've developed a habit of hitting my knee when i smash real hard.
There are some days when the suck factor is higher than others. After such days i ask myself why do i even play this stupid game? I don't play the game to become a professional or anything just for the fun of it yet i feel frustrated when that return hit the net. How come? I guess i push myself a lot in certain areas. I feel after some time of playing this game some aspects of my game will improve or maybe i'm so focused on being better i don't see the small improvement? Have I improved at all? I dont think i can say that but really thats how we learn.
In this 21st century we are so used to things that are fast, internet, computer and so on that we expect everything to be like that. And to be fair we are expected to learn fast, adapt fast understand fast or be left behind. Somethings really take time and the time is not a constant. Granted there are people who learn really fast but not everyone is like that.
I guess the observation i'm trying to share is that if you do something often enough you will get better at it. It doesn't matter if you see it or not but there's always improvement depending on the amount of effort you put in. And its nice to celebrate or at least acknowledge these improvements, let them motivate you as you move on to other things.
-ONWARD
No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment