Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

thoughts on a bus

I wrote this a while ago on a trip to kuching by road. And while i've done this a number of times, i don't recommend it to anyone. The bus trip that is.

Its 3.10 in the morning, we just made our 3rd rest stop of the journey. We didn't leave on time, I think we were close to an hour late. I think they were waiting for the rest of the passengers to board.

To my left is a rather young man. I don't know his name, never talked to him and to my right is a chinese woman who i can describe as grim and morbid. Her demeanor is in sharp contrast to the ladies in front. They can't seem to stop smiling. And i don't think its because they're happy. No one can be that happy. But i think its joy. I think there's joy up front but somehow it didn't progress to the back where my seat unfortunately is.

As a result of where i'm seating, i feel the slightest vibrations the bus experiences and there's little leg room so I would twist and turn my feet to make sure i can still use them. There should be a law that prevents people with long legs from sitting in places with limited leg room. Its absolutely... bad.

This was typed on my phone. Well its 3.10 now and i'm sleepy so gnite.

-ONWARD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment