Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

G.I JOE



Its been a while since i wrote about movies so lets remedy that with this amazing movie. I don't know much about G.I JOE prior to watching the movie but a quick look at the wikipedia article tells me that it started off as a line of action figures following the success of barbie in the early 60s and then there was a cartoon, a comic and now movie. Oh and G.I stands for Government Issue. That one i knew back in the days when irc was popular. I spent a lot of time in the quiz rooms answering all kinds of general knowledge questions.

The movie was action packed, we missed part of the beginning but it slowly became clear who the bad guys were and who the good guys were. I must say i love all the hi-tech weapons, and thanks to miri star cineplex's renovation of their notorious cinema we can actually hear the special effects though my friends complained it was too loud. I just thought it was okay.

I must say the best part for me is when duke and his partner where running around Paris in the cool suit. They look so cute. My favourite character has got to be the guy with the blades, the one in black i think he's cool especially with the vow of silence thing he's got going.

There's a lot of cliche in this movie, in dialogue and characterisation. Whoever wrote the dialogue seemed not to put a lot of effort into it. There's not much in the way of humour unlike transformers 2. I feel like the movie lacked any kind of story, it was just raw action and technology. But this is just the beginning, there will be more G.I Joe in the near future.

Overall i can't say its the best movie i've watched this year, transformers still take the cake but if i'll rate this movie i'll give it a 7.5 out of 10 and thats not bad at all.

-ONWARD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment