I never really watched the movie but i did something i have been planning on doing for a while now, and thats to visit eilyn's house. I've never been invited before but chinese new year is the best time to do these things so i went today.
Good clothes give me confidence. So wore something comfortable and confident, called a taxi and stan, and we headed off. Mom and dad were washing so we just went inside and sat down, waiting for the go signal before we started devouring all the 'food' in front of us.
I just love the square beef thing, dunno what its called but i could eat those forever. And of course there was some home-made pastries, and all the usual.
I was expecting someone to come and tell me, you keep off my daughter or else, and then show me a knife or something. Blame it on my crazy imagination. Movies are evil, they mess with your mind which is why the reality was somewhat disappointing.
Mom and dad just asked me some generic questions, what are you studying, how long do you have? What next after that? You come from Nigeria? That one is a classic, i cant count how many times i've been asked that. Apperently some people dont know Africa is a continent like Asia or Europe, they think its a country. Well AFRICA is NOT a COUNTRY, and Nigeria is a country in Africa just like Indonesia is a country in Asia. I'm sure alot of people know that and i'm just being insensitive.
So anyway dad {her dad} took us back, we got off at inti and that was how it ended. I never expected that. I expected some hostility and disagreement but i guess no one can make straight what God as made crooked and vice versa.
This year i wanted to take more risks and make mistakes and like i said in my new year post this is the year of responsibility and its starting to happen. I just pray i would meet up to the trust people have in me because quite frankly i'm nothing.
~shalom~
tag! you have been tagged! visit my blog at www.ernawayfromhome.blogspot.com
ReplyDeletewee~yan hui hr..nice blogz..=)keep it up ya!!view mine blog too...^^ www.daugtherofjesus.blogspot.com...wil
ReplyDeleteadd ur blog 2my link soon..