Why do people compare themselves to others? I can't help but compare myself with people, but it's wrong. We are all different, we all have our place in this world. Some times it's the same as most other people, most times it's not but we all try to fit in.
I'm not sure if I've shared this but before I came back home, I prayed and sought the Lord repeatedly to get a go ahead or a stay put. I needed to know that I was not just making my own decision but going to where I need to be. For a long while there was nothing, but on my last Sunday in Kuching, I got the answer I needed and with that the confidence that I am where I need to be. That helps calm a lot of my anxieties.
Since being here I have had a hard time readjusting. Being away for almost a decade, it's not easy to re-integrate into society. I remember telling my mom, coming back home is like going back in time and it's true. But being here, I've been strengthened in my prayer life, I've been getting into the word more. The old testament used to be quite boring but when you see it as a part of a bigger picture, it starts to make more sense, there's a better understanding of the new testament, you get more context. It's been quite exciting really.
I've had to postpone NS until next year. Long story but it's all good. At least I can spend Christmas with my family.
God is really good, there's no limit to his love for his children. Even if you don't feel his presence just stick with him, you have nothing to lose.
-ONWARD!