Pages

Sunday, February 03, 2013

bigger than your missteps

Something to share. I had a book, can't remember the exact name but it's something like dumb things christians believe. It goes through a lot of topics and one of them is about our purpose. We all have a purpose from God to achieve here on earth. And at certain critical points in our lives we are told to seek God's will. For who to get married to, where to work, what to study... stuff like that.

I just started reading another book for lifegroup and this topic comes up again. The short version is this: while we all have a purpose from God, it's not like if you make the wrong choice at some point in your life, then that's it. Tough luck. You missed it. I share the author's opinion that God is bigger than our mistakes. He wouldn't be almighty if he couldn't work through our missteps. He will fulfill his purposes regardless.

Oh the book I had? I lent it to a friend and he never returned it. Reminds me of something I read in life's little instruction book: "Only lend books you never care to see again". I break this rule every time because I trust people.

-ONWARD!