Tuesday, November 01, 2011
take hold of God
I started reading this book, well its more like a devotional after I went through a heart wrenching time in my life and it was exactly what I needed. It helped me pull through and gave me hope again.
I'm going through it again. Not the heart wrenching part but the book, er devotional. And again its been a constant challenge for me everyday as I read the bible and then the book.
The other day I was reprimanded about the way I use my time and it made me feel... can't find the word but I found out and it made me sad and small that God is grieved every time I waste my time. Today it was Ecclesiastes, young man, or woman, by all means enjoy your life but remember your creator. Don't go forgetting him now, and don't think you still have time because, I discovered, it takes a long long long time to get to know your creator.
Sometimes the word comes through as comfort, sometimes as a warning, other times as a reprimand. But its all good for your spirit. It doesn't just stop at making you think. It forces you to change, even though its ever so small. Its something.
I know this sounds like a promotion for the book, but I don't know how else to share it if not like this. But if there's a point to this post is to restate the title of this devotional, take hold of God and pull. I'm still learning how to do that.
-ONWARD!
