So there other day I saw this tweet by James McDonald. He's a pastor in the U.S I think and it says
"The reason so many Christians are trapped in a cycle of sin-confess is be[cause] they don't truly repent". And there's a link to his podcast in which he talks more about what he means, I hope, but I didn't listen to it because my songs and podcasts are on my external hard disk and that hard disk is not with me at the moment but it is an interesting statement.
I don't have much to say about it for now but its been on my mind for a while now and I just wanted to document it somewhere.
I just did a quick google search on repentance and found a nice write up that is worth reading. I guess why I'm posting this up is because, well I struggle with things and I want a way out. And as the title says, what will it take for a person to really abandon everything they have known and have become used to and turn and learn to follow another way and get used to other new things? It should be easier.
Dear God teach me to use my time better. I know you're still working in my life and I don't always cooperate with you so I pray that you will help me change. I want to be a better person, so that one year from now I can look back at this post and know that you have really done something in me. I know there's nothing you cannot do so help me to trust you and make the right decisions each day, to live righteously. I want to experience you in a deeper way. Not so I can't talk about it but so I can be encouraged in my faith. I need that. Thank you.
Ps 119:36-37 (NIV) Turn my heart toward your statutes and not towards selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.
-ONWARD!
