A few years ago, I thought of this question and I could not really give a convincing answer to it until quite recently. "What are you saved from? And what are you saved to?" It seems rather simple right but like I said, my answer was never convincing.
Sometimes I'm ashamed to even call myself a christian. You would expect that some of these struggles would be easy by now but its hard every time. I remember when God met Moses, he asked him, what is that in your hand, and Moses was holding a staff. I don't really know what's in my hand.
When I say I'm a christian, I'm not saying I'm good, I'm saying there's no good in me and I need help. I'm saying that without the words of God in my life, there's not restraint to the evil I am capable of. The bible says the heart of man is desperately evil and without the strong hand of God, redeeming the christian, there is simply no hope.
So what am I saved from? Hopelessness. Inherently unable to do any good. And what am I saved to? That's for another post.
-ONWARD!