Pages

Friday, December 03, 2010

false assumptions

Today has been really good. Everything I set out to do has been done. One thing I notice is that despite being a last minute kind of guy, I make a lot of assumptions that are not always correct. So in reviewing the way I handled things I think it would have been better if I just made arrangements ahead of time.

Another thing I'm beginning to realise is that there are almost always last minute setbacks. It has happened so much that I always expect and plan for it. It doesn't mean I dont have faith that things will go well. I actually do, just that I don't like to be unprepared to face these unplanned situations.

I've always tried to be as independent as possible. And today I realised that there's a limit to how independent you can be. We all need people and even though sometimes they are not always reliable as much as we want, its easy to let it go when you realise you're no better. I thank God for everything that was accomplished today. It makes my trip down to Kuching something to look forward to even more.

-ONWARD