This post could have turned out differently if i wasnt in church tonight but i thank God for restaining me and allowing me to see things differently.
Usually on weekends the Inti school bus takes us to town at two hours intervals starting from 1pm. Most of the time i choose to go to sarawak plaza and then to tun jugah and end up in crowne plaza. I want to make the most of the opportunity we have since we dont pay for these weekend trips so i stay busy for two hours so i can join the bus back to school.
I dont know how many people notice but there is a rather large congregation of mostly malay kids in and around crowne plaza on the weekends. I dont go out on weekdays so i only notice them on the weekend when i'm out. They stay at the entrance, some go up to the car park, and sit on the can i call it a ledge? yeah the opening to looks out towards the river, that place. Others just wonder about and i can't help but see the emptiness of these people.
I must say they look frightening, most of them dressed in retro, gothic rock band like people. Its quite i dunno, i guess well it looks good on them, they have this street fashion thing going. Others add weird body piercings to the mix.
I just sit there observing them while waiting for the bus, they just wonder about, smoke, hang out with friends and enjoy so to speak. Some go as far as causing trouble. I saw one in particular, he was like a bully boss, you know the leader of his gang of bullies? He picked up this guy from where he was sitting, by the road, {I think he was beating a bit before he sat down, he had a sad countenance} and put his arms around him, his {bully} homies were behind him, and he led this guy into the building, i have no idea what he wanted to use him for. The other day i saw these group push this guy down, he fell in front of his girlfriend, he was rather young to have a girlfriend i thought but that was no justification for their action and she obviously was helpless she could not do anything but help get him up again.
Now why am i saying this? I remember when i was young and rebelious. I was in the car going to school, my mom was driving and i started to knot my tie because we were getting closer to school. Those days i didnt want to comb my hair so there i was busy with my tie and the driver of the taxi next to our car called out to me, he said o boy you no dey comb your hair? {translation: dont you ever comb your hair} I was like whats your business? Its my hair, of course i never gave those words voice but my mom was laughing by my side, in agreement to what they taxi driver what saying. I really believe its not his business, and it really wasnt.
My point is, people need to stand up and caution these behaviour of these guys, i dont know much about asian culture, but from what i've seen people dont rebuke others openly, things just slide, and there's sense of its not my business, let them do what they want. But then things will get out of hand and that would be sad, to see the main hotspot for tourists turned into a war zone for gangs fighting for supremacy. Thats not the case now but it might soon be reality.
I dont really want to sound like i'm hating people for having a good time with their friends on a weekend, i really like seeing youths being themselves and expressing themselves with respect to fashion and influence. I dont hate the malay people, i have no reason to and even if i did have a reason Jesus does not allow me to hate so thats that. I'm just expressing a discomfort in my heart and a longing for some purpose i see in these young people, even though they look dangerous and all. They have a longing nothing can fill and i see that. I wonder who else can see this too.
~shalom~
No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment